Monday, November 06, 2006

My baby...

Introducing Damian! He entered the world on the 06.07.06 and mama just couldn't be happier. So many months have passed so I will give you a really quick birth story and a quick run down of where we are at now.

My waters broke on Wednesday 05.07.06 and week and a bit early so very unexpected. I was in bed and got up to go to the toilet. But as I got up I felt a little trickle go down my leg. I thought nothing of it. Then I sat on the toilet but m wee wouldn't stop. V. unusual. I rang the hospital and they told me to put a pad on and go back to bed. If full again in 15 mins, then it is my waters and to get ready and come straight in. I woke DH up but he was still in deep sleep. I hopped into the shower and DH came running in and asked whether I had just woke him to tell him my waters had broke??!! Der 'YES'. DH started to get all frantic but I just took my time. I even blow dryed my hair and straightened it with the GHD!!! We drove to the hospital in silence and total disbelief that this was happening now. I expected to go past my due date...

The contractions started about 7am but stopped totally at about 10am. My Ob basically said that if things don't get moving, then I would be induced the next day and so the fun begins...

As you can imagine, I really didn't sleep all that well. I was to be induced at about 7am but it was more like 9.30ish. The drip was slowly turned up, when I say slowly I mean all within about 1 hour. I was checked at about 11am but was only 1cm dialated. I really thought I was going to pass out. I thought my pain threshold was pretty good....I was sadly mistaken. I then tried the gas but this put me is a doped haze type feeling which I really didn't like. I like to know what is happening and with this I just didn't have that control. Another hour passed and I asked for 'an emergency c-sec'. Yep I classed myself an emergency. Well the OB disagreed but said that I could have an epi. I told the nurse to get it fast and thankfully he was just finishing up in the room next to me so I had it pretty fast. DH was warning me against it as he seen the size of it. I elected not to look at it beforehand as I would have been a wreck. Well it turns out that DH should not have looked at it either as he started to feel faint and was dripping in sweat. If he had not sat down, he would have been on the floor!

The nurse check me again an hour after the epi and I had barely gone to 2cm's! I was not happy but the epi kicked in so it wasn't too bad. The nurse said that at this rate I would be still going till the evening!

During the whole labour, I was bed ridden as I was hooked up to ever machine possible but for some reason the external monitor for bubs was cutting in and out so they decided to pop the little probe onto bubs head to monitor him / her. A new nurse came in with the old one and they proceeded to get the probe ready, as the new nurse started, she looked at the other one and said 'the head is right here'. I had gone for 2cm's to 10cm's in less than an hour! They called my Ob who came immediately and it was all on.

As I had my epi not long before, I really couldn't feel a thing. I basically knew when to push my touching my tummy and feeling the contraction that way. DH was holding my hand and DH's sister (who had a 'no looking' clause in our verbal agreement - that went out the door pretty quick), was holding my head up. 4 pushes later and my beautiful baby boy Damian entered the world. Damian was 3.28kg's, 53 cms with a HC of 35cms. He is everything I have ever wanted and MORE!

This is a photo of Damian at about 2 weeks...



This is Damian at 4 weeks.....

This is Damian at 2 1/2 months.....
I promise to come back soon with an update......

3 Comments:

Blogger Bugsy said...

Congratulations darls - he is quite the handsome little man. Well done. So glad you came back and posted so we know everything is okay. Well done hun - well done.

12:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. It's so good to hear you're all going well.

11:34 pm  
Blogger Mari said...

Anita - I've already sent an email congratulating you, but I wanted you to know that I'm still thinking of you.
Congratulations again and please, please, please let us know how everything is going!

8:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home