Thursday, July 21, 2005

Torture - Part 3

Ok now that Torture and Torture 2 has been and gone, we are now onto Torture 3.

Torture 3 is known as the 2ww, but before I talk about this type of Torture lets retrack some steps....

After Torture 2 I received confirmation on Saturday 16/7 that the 3 fertilised embryos were growing well in fact 1 was a 7 cell embryo and 2 were 6 cells. They prefer between 6-8 at this stage so I was fine. They even confirmed ET so I was feeling great.

On Monday morning I went in for my ET and they indicated that one had stopped growing, one was doing ok but not at the stage they want for Day 5 embryos but one had reached the blastocyst stage.....click here for def. http://www.sdfertility.com/blastocyst.htm#what_is
This in itself is a major achievment. For anyone out there about to embark on IVF.....the EPU was bearable and the ET was no worse than a pap smear.

I am now in the dreaded 2ww (two week wait) until I know whether this has been successful or not. The 2ww is really undescribable. I mean it is only two weeks but after TTC for more than 4 years and never being this close to a pregnancy ever, this is painful. I just want to know now!

I am also off to the snows this weekend so the next post will really be when I receive my results. Lets hope it is not another Torture post!

3 Comments:

Blogger a mummy losing it said...

Okay so I haven't been doing the TTC for longer than this cycle so I cannot share any understanding there. But I am 9 days into the TWW so that bit I totally understand!

If tests were cheap I'd just say bugger it and test everyday.

2:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree 8 days(?)into 2 week torture.
I feel numb because unlike those who don't know for sure fertilsiation has occurred with IVF ET we do - it is up to our
bub(s) and body to make it work.All of it beyond our control and that is so frustrating.

10:36 am  
Blogger Anita said...

Yeah so I haven't updated my blog but tell me how are you guys going with your 2ww??

Off to update blog...

4:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home