Monday, August 08, 2005

Builders.....

Who needs them!!! Actually I do!!!

Ok I did say that I would probably be at a loss pondering what to discuss in my two months of rest till I start my next IVF but what do you know, we are about to start building a house and when you are about to start building always have something to talk about and this leads me to my grudge against builders, yes this will be the first cab off the rank....

D and I are in the process of building our home and as D works on a construction site he has no time to find / organise anything so everything is pretty much left up to me. When our plans were with council I started to obtain quotes so that once they were approved, we would be able to start ASAP. Well we are now 1 1/2 months down the track and we are still not any closer to starting. Why? Well our builder (contract not signed) is talking builders crap to someone that does not understand builders lingo. Yes I know D is a Carpenter / Joiner so I should know something and believe me I know a whole lot about bathroom renovating as well as different tools and what they are used for (we have show and tell everytime a new tool is purchased), but that is about it. I don't know anything about footings but I do know that if we hit rock we will be up for more moula. That I do know. Anything to do with moula and I need to know.

Anyway so the builder is talking crap but this crap is going to effect my moula and is delaying everything in the process. Ok my other grudge with this builder or should I say myself (for not shopping around for other quotes) is that this builder was recommended and only now I see that he may be charging a little more than I am comfortable with so I am seeing another 'building supervisor' tonight for his quote / opinion and also on Saturday D and I drove past a massive new childcare centre being built down the road from us so we stopped in and asked who he used and it turns out that he is an owner builder and has a whole list of names so he said to give him a week and to give him a call and he will have the list ready for us. God love you Enzo.....and if I do have children I will make sure that they attend your centre. We need more people like you!

So that is where we are at. Still at the same block of dirt we were at many many months ago but I hope this will change soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home