Tuesday, September 20, 2005

....and nearly pulling my hair out

Oh yes...just picture it. Me on one side of the world and D. on our acreage on the other side of the world asking me to do every God damn thing possible!

Ring the engineer and ask him whether the concrete slab needs to be post tensioned (what the?). Like you haven't got a mouth!!

Ring the engineer to come and inspect the piers tomorrow

Ring around and get some prices for 1000 x 290mm besser blocks (what the?)

Ring around and get a price for a pallet of common bricks (then she asks me do you want them with holes or without - she was asking too much. At this stage I don't care if these were made our of ruby's....just give me your price lady!)

Organise a bricklayer for Thursday / Friday and get a quote. This wasn't THE bricklayer it was A bricklayer. I hadn't even got any quotes at that stage. Thankfully I did get onto one brickie so yay that was v. lucky.

I had one massive headache and cannot wait for this day to be over. I have had enough of this owner builder thing to last me an absolute lifetime. Did I mention that we are only 1 week in with building. lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mari said...

Far out that is bad...what is wrong with his fingers and mouth? Why do you have to do all the calling?

8:17 am  
Blogger Anita said...

Ahhhh but I sit in an office all day and do nothing so it is just fair......not!! I know that he is also hard at work at the site and does not have access to the internet / yellow pages but it just gets a bit much.

It has died down today but I am sure my busy day was not the last of them!

10:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home