Thursday, October 27, 2005

Not so good....

Well I had my transfer on Monday and after Saturdays call confirming that all were going good (4 x 6 cell and 2 x 8 cell), I really thought that I would have no problems. As you can gather, I was shocked to hear, on Monday morning, that 3 had stopped dividing, 1 was neither here nor there (we subsequently left this one for one more day but it also stopped growing) and 2 reached the blastocyst stage but they were not looking great (Grade 2 / 3). I transferred both as there really was no point freezing a Grade 3 blastocyst.

I am hoping and praying but the doc / nurses really didn't reassure me....in fact one of the nurses said 'we have had one lady fall pregnant with these types of blastocysts, so you just never know'......ONE LADY???!!! That said it all.

BUT being me, I am still a little hopeful as I have to be. I just didn't think I would have to go through this all again so soon. I am thinking of calling it a day (purely because I have never had any frosties) or maybe I just need to pop a chill pill? Maybe the latter!

Oh and pregnancy symptoms.....I could have swore I was pregnant even before the transfer! So absolutely NO looking out for symptoms, will wait for the 4/11.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nico said...

I think that the combination of the high estrogen + the hcg makes for lots of pg symptoms. I've had them for 3/4 of my IUIs... so far with no associated pregnancy. So I think you're totally right to just wait for the beta day.

Plenty of 'perfect' embryos don't work out, so I've heard people say that how 'pretty' they look doesn't actually mean anything. *Hopefully* even though your embryos didn't get the best score they're now happily settling in to your nice cosy uterus. And then they'll be overachievers for the rest of their long, happy lives.

10:02 am  
Blogger Bugsy said...

I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you. I am hoping that nurse can be telling someone else in the near future - "oh we had two women get pregnant ......."

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home